Chef Grant Mitchell,
Freshly-baked bread is a perfect dipper for this dish’s delicate broth. Scale up the serving size to turn this into a light entrée. White beans can be substituted for cannellini beans.
8 tiger prawns
2 Tbsp salted butter
2 shallots, finely diced
8 cloves roasted garlic, chopped
1 cup cooked cannellini beans
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
2 Roma tomatoes, cut into eighths
1 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4″ slices, grilled and chopped
splash of white wine
squeeze of lemon
2 cups walnuts
1 Tbsp yeast
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup milk
2 cups water
5 cups flour
1. In a pan over medium heat, combine butter, olive oil, shallots and garlic. Stir until butter browns.
2. Add prawns and deglaze pan with white wine. Add stock and increase heat. Cook until prawns are plump and pink.
3. Remove pan from heat and add remaining ingredients.
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. On a sheet pan, roast walnuts until golden brown. Chop roughly.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attachment, combine yeast, sugar, salt, olive oil, milk and water.
4. With mixer on low speed, add walnuts. Gradually add flour until dough no longer sticks to sides of mixing bowl. Mix for 10 mins.
5. Coat a large bowl with oil and place dough inside. Let rise 1 hr.
6. Pat dough down and turn out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Work dough to conform to pan and use fingers to slightly indent the surface.
7. Bake for 10 mins. Remove from oven and brush with olive oil.
Yield 4 servings