Chef Michael Schafer,
Sydney’s At The Forks
Chef Michael used black and natural sesame seeds to create a tiger striped effect, however either can be used alone.
4 salmon fillets, seasoned
1 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp sesame seeds
juice of 3 med carrots
2 Tbsp honey
1 1/2 Tbsp white wine
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 1/2 cups milk
3 Tbsp sugar
1. Combine juice, 3 eggs, honey, white wine, vinegar and milk.
2. In a double boiler over high heat, whisk mixture until thickened. Remove from heat. Add sugar.
3. Whisk one egg with water. Brush egg wash on fillets then coat with seeds.
4. In a non-stick pan on med heat, place fillets sesame side down and sear for three min. Flip and sear for another three min with a lid on the pan.
5. When plating, spoon sabayon around salmon.
Yield 4 servings