Chef/owner Barbara O’Hara,
Dessert Sinsations Café
Christmas wouldn’t be complete without these buttery classics. Once cool, gather the family around to decorate with melted chocolate or icing to your liking.
1 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in egg.
3. Combine and add flour, salt and vanilla.
4. Chill dough 3-4 hrs before rolling.
5. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
6. On a lightly floured surface roll out dough to 1/4″ thickness.
7. Cut shapes using cookie cutters and place on non-stick baking sheet.
8. Bake approx 8-10 mins.
9. Cool 1 hr before decorating. Allow cookies to stand to set icing.
Yield 2 dozen