Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Tart
Goat cheese and a bright herb garnish complement the briny smoked salmon in this mild yet exciting tart.
2 3/4 cups organic white flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 lb butter, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
1 large egg
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1/4 cup cold water
1 1/2 cups smoked salmon, mashed
1 cup goat cheese
6 large free-run eggs
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1. Mix flour and salt.
2. Add butter using a pastry blender until the consistency of pea meal has been achieved.
3. Mix egg, vinegar and water then slowly add to flour mixture and work it minimally until a dough is achieved. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
4. Roll out dough and lay it in the bottom of tart or 10” baking pan. Blind bake for 15 minutes at 350°F. Remove from oven and let cool.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
2. Press salmon mixture onto the baked crust and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
1. Serve warm or cold with sour cream, dill and diced cucumber.
Yield 9 servings