Baker/owner Derrick Godfrey,
The Cupcake Corner
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt, 1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
1 cup miniature marshmallows
Belgian Chocolate Buttercream
1 cup salted butter, softened
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3 oz Belgian Chocolate, melted then cooled
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 Tbsp heavy cream
3 1/4-3 3/4 cups icing sugar
1 cup mini marshmallows, oven toasted at 350°F for 3 min
1/4 cup graham wafer crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl use an hand mixer to cream butter and sugar.
4. Gradually add the dry mixture and milk to butter and sugar.
5. Add vanilla, beat until smooth.
6. Fold in egg whites and mini marshmallows.
7. Fill muffin cups 2/3 with batter.
8. Bake 15-20 mins. Toothpick inserted should come out clean.
9. Cool completely before frosting.
Belgiun Chocolate Buttercream
1. Beat butter until fluffy.
2. Add cocoa powder, combine.
3. Add cool chocolate to mixture.
4. Add vanilla and 1 Tbsp cream to butter and chocolate mixture.
5. Gradually incorporate icing sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
6. Add remaining cream if needed.
7. Frost cool cakes, add garnish.
Yield 12-18 Cupcakes