Chef/Owner Kristjan Kristjansson
No campfire needed for these cloud-like confections.
1/2 cup cake flour
1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
1/4 cup icing sugar
9 egg whites
1 tsp cream of tartar
pinch of salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
250 g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 lb bag marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Sift cake flour, add graham crackers and icing sugar. Set aside.
2. Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt. Add sugar slowly and beat on high until stiff peaks form. On low setting, slowly add flour mixture and vanilla.
3. Spoon into 10 x 15 inch pan. Move a knife through batter to remove air pockets. Bake 30-35 minutes.
4. Combine chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water. Fold in cream, stir until smooth.
5. Cut cake into 3 inch squares. Toast marshmallow and sandwich. Drizzle with chocolate.
Yield 6 appetizer servings