1 lb spaghetti pasta
4 cloves garlic, sliced
5 anchovy fillets, chopped
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 can whole tomatoes, puréed
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
3 Tbsp capers, drained
pinch of red chilli flakes
pinch of oregano
1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
1/4 cup basil, chopped
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. While water heats, heat up oil and garlic in a large fry pan.
2. When garlic starts to get golden, add anchovy and stir until it breaks down or almost dissolves.
3. Carefully pour in the puréed tomatoes, add capers, olives, chilli flakes and oregano and let the sauce gently simmer.
4. Cook spaghetti in the large pot of salted water until al dente.
5. Drain spaghetti and add to simmering sauce along with parsley and basil.
6. Toss for a couple minutes with heat still simmering and serve with fresh basil on top.
Yield 4 servings