chef barry saunders,
Lebanese cheese yogurt helps to soothe the meat’s fiery spice rub.
Celeriac purée acts as a lighter carb alternative to potatoes.
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chile flakes
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 full Rack of lamb, cap and sinew removed
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp kosher salt
1 pinch chopped parsley
2 Tbsp chopped pistachio nuts
1 celery root, peeled and diced
2 cups whole milk
1 sprig thyme
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
Prepare one day ahead
1. Combine yogurt and salt. Place in cheesecloth or two coffee filters within a sieve over a container. Refrigerate 24 hr.
2. Combine labneh with chopped parsley and reserve.
3. To serve, garnish with chopped pistachio nuts.
1. Heat oven to 375˚F.
2. In bowl, combine all ingredients for spice rub.
3. Drizzle lamb loin with olive oil and rub spice mixture all over. Let stand for 15 min.
4. In pan, add vegetable oil. When hot, sear lamb loin on all sides.
5. Place lamb in oven for 6-8 min, or until desired doneness.
1. In saucepot, immerse celery root in milk. Add thyme and simmer until root is soft. Strain.
2. Purée in food processor or mash. Add butter and season with salt to desired taste.
Yield 2 servings