Chef/owner Wei Quan Zhu,
The long, uncut noodles of this dish symbolize longevity. Ingredients and supplies for all recipes are available at your favourite Asian market, including Sun Wah Supermarket.
1 tsp oyster sauce
1/4 tsp chicken stock
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp thick chile sauce (to taste)
2 oz julienne pork tenderloin
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
16 oz Shanghai noodles, cooked and drained
1 Tbsp sliced green cabbage
1 tsp julienne carrot
2 tsp julienne white onion
1 green onion, minced
1. In a small bowl whisk together sauce ingredients. Set aside.
1. Fill two thirds of a medium saucepan with water. Bring water to boil, add pork and cook for 10 mins, drain.
2. In a wok or large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and stir-fry for 2 mins.
3. Toss cooked pork and noodles with vegetables, cook for 2 mins.
4. Add sauce to coat noodles and veggies. Cook for 1 more min.
Yield 4 servings