Chef Masa Sugita,
Yujiro Japanese Restaurant
Getting your daily dose of iron is easy with this mouthwatering spinach dish. A hint of sweetness and speckle of sesame seeds dress up this healthy vegetable.
6 Tbsp sesame seeds
4 Tbsp soy sauce
4 Tbsp sugar
4 Tbsp water
1 bunch of spinach
4 cups water
2 Tbsp salt
1. In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
1. In a large pot, bring water to boil and add salt.
2. Boil spinach for 20 secs. Strain and run under ice water.
3. Strain spinach again and squeeze dry.
4. Using a spoon, mix in dressing.
Yield 4 servings