Tavern In The Park
Manitoba’s mouthwatering wild blueberries are alluring to pickers, painters and pie bakers alike. This is one art course that tastes as good as it looks.
2/3 cup sugar
5 Tbsp cornstarch
5 cups blueberries
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 frozen pie crusts
2 Tbsp butter
Milk, to brush crust
1. Mix together sugar and cornstarch and fold into blueberries.
2. Let stand 15 minutes.
3. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Pour into pie crust.
4. Dot with butter.
5. Cover with top crust and brush crust with milk.
6. Bake at 425˚F for 15 minutes.
7. Reduce heat to 325˚F and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.