A frozen coconut and strawberry dessert served cocktail style offers a tropical flavour blast for hot summer entertaining. For a spiked colada, serve this with your favourite rum sauce
2 cups heavy cream, whipped
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup Coco Colada
2 cups fresh Manitoba strawberries
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp sugar
1. Whip cream with sugar until peaks form. Refrigerate.
2. Separate eggs.
3. Combine egg yolks and Coco Colada. Cook in a double boiler until mixture thickens and reaches 170˚ F. Cool over an ice bath.
4. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold whites into yolk mixture. Fold in whipped cream.
5. Rinse and hull strawberries. Put in blender with water and sugar. Blend into a smooth purée.
6. Place parchment paper on sheet tray. Place 12 stainless steel or plastic ring moulds (2 3/4″ in diameter and 3″ high) on parchment.
7. Pour 1/4 cup coconut mixture in each mould, then 2 Tbsp strawberry purée. Repeat process until top of mould is reached.
8. Using a toothpick, swirl the strawberry mixture into the coconut mixture.
9. Freeze over night before serving.
To remove moulds, heat paring knife with hot water. Run knife around inside of mould. Frozen dessert will easily fall out. Garnish with strawberries and cocktail umbrella.
Yield 8 servings