Choose large zucchini (about 6-8 inches in length) to hollow out and pack with even more of the good stuff.
2 Tbsp kalamata extra virgin olive oil
1 zucchini, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 small yellow onion, diced
4-6 celery sticks, diced
4-6 whole zucchini (6-8”)
1/2 cup grated feta cheese
1 Tbsp greek oregano
1 Tbsp dried or fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
grated mozzarella cheese
1. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Add diced vegetables and sauté until soft.
2. Cut the tops off whole zucchini, and slice in half lengthwise. Using a melon-baller, hollow out zucchini, leaving half an inch at each end.
3. Once diced vegetables have cooled, mix them together with grated feta, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
4. Fill each zucchini boat with mixture and top with grated mozzarella cheese.
5. Place the zucchini on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake at 500ºF for 3 minutes, turn the pan, and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
Yield 4-6 zucchini