Owner/operator Chris Atkinson,
Also known as thumbprint cookies, these two bite treats delight with texture and taste diversity. Try mixing up the jammy centres, or even adding some PB to the J.
1/2 cup salted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 egg white
3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 cup raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. In a large bowl of a stand mixer cream butter and sugar until light coloured. Add egg yolk, beat until fluffy.
3. Add vanilla and flour. Continue to beat until well mixed.
4. Scoop out dough and using hands roll into 24 roughly equal balls.
5. Lightly coat each ball in egg white, then roll in chopped nuts.
6. Place cookies on sheet pan. Using finger or thumb, make depression in the top centre of each cookie.
7. Bake for 6 mins. Remove from oven, redo indents. Cool
8. Use a piping bag or equivalent to neatly fill indents with raspberry jam.
9. Try not to eat them all immediately.
Yield 2 dozen