Chef Cho Venevongsa,
Wasabi On Broadway
1/4 cup & 3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup & 3 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup & 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp tamari soy sauce
1 Tbsp & 2 tsp mirin
1/4 cup loose bonito flakes
1 Tbsp sake
2 whole shiitake mushrooms
2 asparagus spears
1 Tbsp vegetable oil, for pan
4 oz fresh toro (fresh albacore tuna belly)
1 Tbsp butter
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Combine all ingredients well. Set aside.
1. Grill mushrooms and asparagus.
2. In a pan, heat vegetable oil. Sear toros to medium, about 30 seconds each side.
3. Heat cast iron serving pan. Melt butter, then garlic and sauté briefly.
5. To butter and garlic, add mushrooms and asparagus. Sauté. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add seared toro and ponzu sauce to heat. Remove from stove.
1. Transfer hot pan from stove to serving tray.
Yield 1 serving