Sugar shack meets patisserie in this voyageur twist on an Italian classic.
2 cups chilled whipping cream
4 eggs, separated
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 cups mascarpone cheese
48 lady finger cookies
1 cup maple balsamic vinegar
1 cup strong black coffee
1. In a stand mixer or with electric beater, whip chilled cream until medium peaks form.
2. In another large bowl, beat egg yolks and maple syrup until thick and pale in colour, about 3 minutes. Add mascarpone and beat until combined.
3. In 3 additions, gently fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture.
4. Beat egg whites until soft peaks are formed. Quickly fold into mascarpone cream mixture, taking care not to deflate.
5. Line the bottom of a cake pan with removable ring with parchment paper. Arrange ladyfingers over the bottom of pan, cutting them to fit.
6. Mix the coffee and maple balsamic in a shallow dish. Dip ladyfingers one at a time into mixture and arrange in bottom of pan.
7. Top with half the maple mascarpone cream. Spread top evenly. Repeat with another layer of ladyfingers and another layer of cream.
8. Chill tiramisu for at least 2 hours. Remove cake ring and arrange remaining ladyfingers around the outside of the cake.
Yield 8-12 servings.