Chef Bernard Mirlycourtois,
A classic French creation is given a twist with the earthy flavour of Trappist cheese. Serve this sunny yellow dish piping from the oven.
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
2 cups milk
1 1/4 cup Trappist cheese, cubed
6 eggs, separated
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F.
2. In a pan over low heat, melt butter and flour. Stir to form a smooth paste.
3. Using a whisk, gradually stir in milk. Stirring constantly, heat mixture until it thickens.
4. Add nutmeg and remove pan from heat.
5. Stir cheese into mixture. Add egg yolks one at a time stirring each one in.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. In a clean bowl, whisk egg whites to form soft peaks. Gently fold whites into soufflé mixture.
8. In a buttered soufflé dish, pour batter. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden.
Yield 6 servings