Chef/owner Arnaldo Carreira,
Orlando’s Seafood Grill
For a refreshing first course, these fine morsels of tuna practically melt on the tongue with light, savoury finish.
12 oz tuna steak
4 tsp sesame seed oil
1 tsp olive oil
pinch of sea salt
1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the tuna steak into 4 equal pieces.
2. Place each piece on a sheet of plastic wrap.
3. Add 1 tsp of sesame seed oil, 1/4 tsp of olive oil and pinch of sea salt to each piece. Cover with second sheet of plastic wrap.
3. Using a mallet, gently pound tuna until thin and almost translucent.
1. Remove tuna from plastic wrap and place on plate.
2. Sprinkle each piece with sesame seeds.
3. Serve with a side of wasabi and soya sauce.
Yield 4 servings