Chef Jason Sopel,
A lighter cheesecake with bold vanilla flavours accented by sea salt.
2 cups oreo crumbs
3 Tbs butter, melted.
12 oz. white chocolate, chopped
3, 8 oz packages of cream cheese
1 1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 vanilla bean pod
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2 Mix oreo crumbs and butter in food processor or by hand. Press into 9 inch” spring form pan
3. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool
4. Melt white chocolate in a metal bowl over pot of simmering water until smooth. Let cool.
5. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and mix until blended.
6. Add salt, sour cream and vanilla extract.
7. Cut vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape the insides with knife.
8. Add to cream cheese mixture. Beat in eggs one at a time on low speed.
9. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
10. Pour over cooled chocolate crust. Wrap the bottom of the pan in tin foil and place inside large roasting pan with 1” of water.
11. Bake for 65-70 mins or until centre is set. Cool. Chill overnight. Garnish with sea salt.
Yield 1 cake