Head Chef Geoff Stevens,
Demi-glace is a rich sauce made from a complicated blend of beef stock, spices and vegetables. Demi-glace is available at Stephen & Andrews Food & Wine Shoppe.
4 6oz pieces of veal scaloppine
2/3 cup demi-glace
3 oz dry Marsala
2 handfuls fresh green beans
2 Tbsp shallots, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1. In a pan, sear veal on high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Deglaze pan with Marsala. Add demi-glace and reduce to half the volume.
3. Whisk in butter.
4. Blanch green beans in boiling water for about 3 minutes.
5. Sauté in a saucepan with butter, shallots and garlic.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve veal with green beans and roasted potatoes. Drizzle the veal with sauce.
Yield 2 servings