The sweet heat of this carmelized basa will have
diners fighting over the last morsel.
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb basa fillets, cut into 4-5 pieces
2 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 Tbsp pepper
3 Tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp hot chilli flakes
2 green onions, sliced
1 jalepeño, sliced
1. In a large sauce pot, heat oil on med-high heat.
2. Add fillets and sear each side for 90 secs.
3. In a small bowl, combine sugar, fish sauce, garlic, pepper, oyster sauce and chilli flakes.
4. Add mixture to pot.
5. Reduce heat to med-low and simmer for 15 mins or until sauce has carmelized.
6. Garnish with green onion and jalapeño.
Yield 2-3 servings