Urban Prairie Cuisine Catering
This creative hollandaise sauce adds richness to the saltwater tang of oysters.
6 Village Bay oysters, shucked
1 green onion, finely sliced
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
Half Pints Stir Stick Stout
6 egg yolks
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 shots Tabasco sauce
5 Tbsp Half Pints Stir Stick Stout
1/2 lb unsalted butter
salt to taste
1. In a small pot, bring water to boil.
2. In another pot, melt butter.
3. In a stainless steel bowl, add egg yolks, Worcestershire, Tabasco and beer. Whisk together.
4. Once blended, place stainless steel bowl on top of boiling water. Whisk mixture until thick and fluffy. Continue mixing to prevent eggs from scrambling.
5. Remove bowl from water. Slowly add melted butter while whisking.
6. Season with salt to taste.
7. Sprinkle diced red onion on top of shucked oyster. Place 1 Tbsp of egg foam on top of oysters. Add a drop of Sriracha sauce, then garnish with green onion.
Yield 6 servings