Pembina Village Restaurant
For a taste of Greece, take these tangy and cheesy shrimp on the road.
20 shrimp, cleaned and deveined
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp butter
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 oz feta, crumbled
2 pita bread
juice of one lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
3. In a small bowl, dredge shrimp in flour and shake off any excess.
4. In a medium-sized frying pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and oil.
5. Add garlic, shrimp and wine. Cook for 3 mins per side or until shrimp is pink.
6. Remove from heat and place shrimp in oven-safe dish.
7. Crumble feta on top of shrimp and place in oven.
8. Bake shrimp for about 5 mins or until feta melts.
9. Cut each pita into 10 wedges and arrange on platter.
10. Place two shrimp on each pita wedge and drizzle with lemon juice.
Yield 10 servings