Chef Dave Bergmann,
Bergmann’s On Lombard
The chocolate mosaic cones are made with parchment paper molds and can be made days in advance.
6 oz white chocolate
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp lime juice
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sour cherries
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 oz white chocolate, finely chopped
1. In a double boiler, over low heat, melt white chocolate.
2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar and lime juice. Pour in melted chocolate and set aside to cool.
3. In a separate bowl, whip cream to soft peaks and fold into chocolate cream cheese mixture. Carefully fold in cherries and chill in fridge for one hour.
1. In a double boiler, over low heat, melt semi-sweet chocolate.
2. In another double boiler, over low heat, melt white chocolate.
3. Cut a triangle of parchment paper to form a cone, approximately 12″ x 6″ x 6″.
4. Using a pastry brush, paint the inside of the cone, alternating chocolates to create a marbled look. Stand cones in a glass and chill one hour. Remove parchment.
1. Spoon parfait into chilled cones and serve on chilled plates with vanilla bean anglais and fresh fruit.
Yield 4 servings