Owner Antigone Bekios,
1 cup slivered almonds
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
8 oz fine quality white chocolate
32 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
4 whole large eggs
2 large egg yolks
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. In a food processor, finely grind almonds and crumbs. Add butter, blending until combined. Press mixture over bottom and 2/3 up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
3. In double boiler, or a large metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, melt chocolate. Stir until smooth and remove from heat.
4. With an electric mixer, on medium speed, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in sugar.
5. Add whole eggs and yolks, one at a time, beating well at low speed and scraping down bowl after each addition.
6. Beat in flour and vanilla until just combined. Add melted chocolate in a slow stream, beating well.
7. Arrange berries in one layer over crust and pour filling into crust. Bake in the middle of the oven until cake is set three inches from edge but centre is still wobbly when pan is gently shaken, about 45-55 minutes.
8. Run a thin knife around edge of cake to loosen, then cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cake will continue to set after it cools.
9. Remove from pan and decorate with raspberries and mint leaves. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Yield 12 servings