Bring the essence of holiday pine into the kitchen with this festive tart, a creamy combination of pine nuts, ricotta cheese and orange zest.
Pine Nut Crust
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
3 Tbsp sugar
6 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp water
1 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
3/4 cup cream cheese
2 large eggs
3 large egg yolks
1 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
3 Tbsp orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix together ingredients in food processor. Pulse until a crumbly dough forms.
3. Press dough into a 11″ tart pan and refrigerate for 30 mins until firm.
4. Line tart shell with aluminum foil and place pie weights inside. Bake for 15 mins. Allow to cool.
1. Over medium heat, combine water and sugar until a syrup forms.
2. Combine ricotta, cream cheese, orange zest, eggs, yolks and 1 cup toasted pine nuts in food processor. Pulse until smooth.
3. Pour syrup into processor. Blend.
4. Fill tart shell with custard and bake for 30-35 mins until golden brown.
5. Garnish with remaining toasted pine nuts.
Yield 8 servings