Serve this dip as is, with crostini or cut vegetables, or heat it up for a warm dip.
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
2 medium zucchini, ends trimmed, diced
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
juice of ½ a lemon
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 cup whole hazelnuts, roasted
1 fresh sage leaf
1/2 cup mild gouda, finely shredded
cayenne pepper, to taste
sea salt, to taste
1. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add zucchini and gently cook until softened and beginning to colour. Add half of the minced garlic (2 cloves) and a pinch of sea salt.
2. When garlic starts to brown, remove from heat and cool.
3. Grind hazelnuts in a food processor with sage leaf and a pinch of sea salt until the hazelnuts have broken into small, uniform chunks. Empty hazelnuts into a bowl and wipe out food processor.
4. Place zucchini in food processor, and pulse. The mix should remain somewhat chunky.
5. Place zucchini in a bowl, and add remaining garlic, cheese, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Gently stir in the ground hazelnuts.
6. Add cayenne and salt to taste.
Yield 2 cups