Pickled ginger, ume-su, soba noodles, and rice vinegar can be found at Organza Market.
1 Tbsp minced pickled ginger
2 Tbsp ume-su (pickled plum juice)
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
pinch cane sugar
4 Tbsp light sesame oil
1 square 100% buckwheat soba noodles
1 medium zucchini, ends trimmed
1 medium carrot, peeled
1/2 red pepper
1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame beans
1 Tbsp minced fresh mint
1 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp minced green onion
1/4 cup lightly roasted pine nuts
1. In a small bowl, mix pickled ginger, ume-su, rice vinegar, and cane sugar. Whisk in sesame oil.
1. Place frozen edamame beans in a bowl. Cover with boiled water for 2 minutes; drain.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add soba noodles. Boil for 3 ½ minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water. Place cooked soba on a serving plate.
3. Spiralize (alternatively, shred or julienne) the zucchini and carrot. Julienne the red pepper.
4. In a large bowl, mix zucchini, carrot, red pepper, edamame, mint, cilantro, and green onion. Drizzle with dressing and toss lightly.
To serve, place salad over noodles and top with roasted pine nuts.
Yield 4 servings