Park Café – Kami Goertz
Campfire in a Cup Chocolate S’more Mousse
Airy mousse and melted chocolate mimic a favourite fireside snack, without the flames and sticky fingers.
2/3 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
2 oz Hershey milk chocolate, melted
2 oz Hershey milk chocolate, chopped
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/3 cups softened butter
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
crushed graham crackers
1. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and eggs. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture reaches 160ºF degrees.
2. Remove from heat and stir in melted chocolate and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
3. Set aside to cool slightly, stirring occasionally.
4. Using a hand mixer, cream butter until fluffy in a small bowl. Add cooled chocolate mixture and beat on high speed for 5 minutes.
5. In another bowl, beat cream until it forms stiff peaks.
Fold into chocolate mixture.
6. Add crushed graham crackers to the bottom of three sundae-style glasses. Add chopped chocolate, then spoon whipped chocolate mixture into cups. Top with more chopped chocolate.
7. Allow to chill for 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with additional whipped cream and chocolate.
Yield 3 sundae glasses