Cocoabeans Bakeshop – Betsy Hiebert & Dee Burdeny
Chocolate Chip Cookie Torte
This striking easy-to-layer cake is the perfect mix of fluffy whip and soft chip cookies
1 package Cocoabeans chocolate chip cookie mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg 2 tsp vanilla Cookie Torte Filling 2 1/2 cups whipping cream 1 tsp vanilla 1/4 cup icing sugar 1 cup whole milk 1/3 cup Baileys Irish Cream™ or chilled coffee (replace with more milk for a kid friendly version) Chocolate Ganache Topping 1/2 cup chocolate chips 1/4 cup whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Mix chocolate chip cookies according to package directions, then scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet. You should get 30-36 cookies.
2. Press the cookies flat with the palm of your hand and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Allow cookies to cool completely.
Cookie Torte Filling
1. Combine the whipping cream, vanilla and icing sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix together whole milk and Irish cream.
Chocolate Ganache Topping
1. Heat cream in the microwave, add the chocolate chips and let sit for 1 minute. Stir until smooth and creamy.
1. Using an 8” spring form cheesecake pan, dunk cookies in the milk and Bailey’s mixture and place in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Break up some cookies to fill in any gaps.
2. Top with an even layer of whipped cream, then repeat with more cookies and whipped cream until pan is full.
3. Cover the top with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge overnight.
4. Remove cookie torte from the spring form pan, then top with more whipped cream, ganache and mini chocolate chips.
Yield 1 torte