Chef Norm Pastorin
This sunny end to a meal is a signature at Cornerstone, where it is served with lavender whipped cream.
2 1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup cold butter, diced
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup cream
ice water, as needed
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup lemon juice
4 egg yolks
2 whole eggs
pinch of salt
6 Tbsp butter, small dice
1. Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a food processor.
2. Add butter and pulse until butter is broken into pea-sized chunks.
3. Mix in the egg, yolk, and cream until dough comes together. If ingredients are too dry and do not bind, add ice water, a few drops at a time, until dough forms.
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
5. Roll out dough and fill 2 9” tart pans. Bake at 350˚F for 30 min, until tart is golden and dry to the touch.
1. Cook sugar, lemon juice, egg yolks, eggs, zest and salt in a double boiler, stirring constantly, until custard reaches 176˚F.
2. Remove from heat and add butter, whisking until well combined.
3. Pour into pre-baked tart shells. Let set in fridge at least 2 hours before serving.
Yield 2 9” rectangular tart pans