Chef Bill Georgakopoulos
Rae & Jerry’s
A classic dreamy dessert packed with shredded coconut and piled with shavings of creamy white chocolate.
2 cups milk
3/4 cup cream
1/3 cup + 1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/3 cup shredded coconut
2 eggs + 3 egg yolks
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/8 cup butter
1/8 cup vanilla
1 1/2 cup whipping cream
1 10” pie shell
1 lb white chocolate, solid
1/4 cup oil
1. In a saucepan, bring milk, 3/4 cup cream, 1/3 cup sugar, and shredded coconut to a gentle boil.
2. Meanwhile, combine eggs, egg yolks, remaining 1/3 cup sugar, and cornstarch. Beat until smooth.
3. Temper egg mixture with hot milk mixture, then combine remainder of milk mixture.
4. Mix in butter and vanilla. Let filling cool in the fridge.
5. Whip 1 1/2 cups whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into cooled custard mixture.
6. Pour filling into prepared pie shell.
7. Melt white chocolate with 1/4 cup oil in a double boiler. Pour into a metal bowl and let cool overnight.
8. When chocolate has hardened, scrape with a spoon to form curls.
9. Top pie with a pile of chocolate curls.
Yield 1 10” pie