Each bite of this bar blends sea salt and the spice of chili – but the real party happens when Culinary Crystals crackle and pop on the palate.
1 bottle coloured cocoa butter
3 chocolate bar molds
2 1/2 cup dark chocolate
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp chili powder
2 tsp unflavoured popping candy (Culinary Crystals)
1. Melt coloured cocoa butter in the microwave at 10 second intervals, shaking the bottle in between each interval until completely melted.
2. Dip tip of a knife into cocoa butter and spatter into three chocolate bar molds. Allow cocoa butter to set (approximately 5 minutes).
3. Break dark chocolate into small, even size pieces into a microwaveable bowl. Melt in 10 second intervals stirring each time until chocolate is melted and at 32°C.
4. Stir in salt, chili powder and popping candy until evenly distributed throughout chocolate.
5. Pour chocolate mixture into molds without spilling over the sides. Gently tap mold on the counter to remove air bubbles. Place molds in fridge until chocolate has set. Turn the bars out of the molds and enjoy!
Yield 3 chocolate bars