Rich and velvety brownies get a fresh tang of ripe raspberries and blueberries.
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
2 1/4 cups dark chocolate
4 large eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup fresh mixed berries
1. Preheat the oven 325°F.
2. In a large pot, melt butter, sugar and corn syrup until smooth. Remove from heat and add pieces of dark chocolate, mixing well.
3. Whisk eggs into chocolate mixture until glossy.
4. Add flour but do not over mix.
5. Pour mixture into an 8-inch square baking pan lined with parchment paper. Smooth mixture well and top with mixed berries, gently pressing into the batter.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, cool and refrigerate overnight. Using a wet knife, cut the brownie into squares of desired size. Serve at room temperature.
Yield 6-8 fudge brownies