These bars are great packed for an on-the-go energy boost.
2 cups extra thick rolled oats
1 cup whole almonds,
roasted and roughly chopped
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup honey
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 or 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper with overhang on the sides. Set aside.
2. Roast almonds in a pan for about 10 mins or until golden brown.
3. In a mixing bowl, add oats, roasted almonds, pumpkin seeds and cranberries.
4. Warm honey, vanilla and peanut butter in microwave for 1 minute and stir to blend
5. Add to the bowl along with the oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds and cranberries. Mix well to distribute into the oat mixture.
6. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and press firmly into an even layer. Packing it down with a spoon.
7. Bake for 20 mins. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan.
8. Set on a wire rack for 1 hour, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 1 more hour. This helps firm up the bars which make them stay compact.
9. Remove bars from the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut with leaf cookie cutters.
10. Wrap each bar in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for 1 week or in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.