Tangy grapefruit curd gives this winter dessert a bright upgrade
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 Tbsp sugar
1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp powdered gelatin
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
4 Tbsp butter, cubed
1. Mix together butter, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add flour and stir until a crumbly dough forms.
2. Divide dough between 2 small tart pans. Evenly press the dough over the bottom and sides of pan until evenly distributed.
3. Let tart shell rest for 30 min in the refrigerator. Heat oven to 350°F. Prick tart all over with a fork and bake 20-25 minutes. Let cool.
1. Bloom gelatin powder in 3 Tbsp cold water. Whisk together yolks, sugar, and juice in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, whisking in between, until thickened.
2. Whisk in butter. Melt gelatin in microwave and whisk in. Pour into tart shells and let cool until set.
Yield 2 tartlettes