La Pampa Empanada
Make chimichurri ahead if possible and set in fridge for three days to let flavours develop.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp shortening
1/2 cup water
500g charcoal grilled beef
1/2 cup chimichurri
1/2 cup salsa criolla
1 cup cheese curds
salt & thyme
4 bunches fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup fresh oregano, chopped
5 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp chilli flakes
3 cups canola oil
1 cup white vinegar
1. Mix all the ingredients together to form a smooth dough. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
2. Roll out dough to 1/8” thick. Using dough cutter, cut into 4”-6” circles.
3. Keep in fridge until ready to fill –use flour and parchment paper between each layer to keep from sticking.
1. Chop grilled beef into cubes.
2. Add the remaining ingredients into bowl.
3. Season to taste.
1. Mix all but oil and vinegar together in a bowl.
2. Gradually add oil while stirring.
3. Add vinegar.
Yield approx. 15