Chef Patrick Shupka,
5 oz fresh linguine (single serving)
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 jumbo scallops
3 jumbo shrimp
1 half lobster tail
7 fresh mussels
½ tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp minced red onion
1 large tomato, diced
¾ cup homemade tomato sauce
1 Tbsp fresh basil
salt and pepper
1. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the linguine and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has been cooked through but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sear the lobster, scallops, and shrimp until golden brown.
3. Remove the seafood from pan and cook through in a 350° oven for 7-10 minutes.
4. Place mussels, garlic, and red onion in skillet and sauté until the onion and garlic start to brown. Deglaze the pan with a splash of red wine, cook until the wine is reduced.
5. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomato. Continue to cook on medium heat until the mussels open (discard any unopened ones).
6. Add the cooked seafood back into the sauce, season to taste.
7. Add the cooked pasta to sauce. Finish with fresh basil and a drizzle of high-quality olive oil.
Yield 1 servings