1 ball of dough (approx. 250 g)
6 ham slices
1 cup mozzarella
3-5 tomatoes, sliced
1 Tbsp crushed garlic
extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 500°F.
2. Roll out dough to fit 12” pan.
3. Spread the tomato sauce on the dough.
4. Add the ham slices. Make sure the tomato sauce is touching the ham to avoid dry or burnt ham.
5. Add mozzarella.
6. Top the pizza with tomato slices, oregano and drizzle of oil.
7. Bake for 8 mins or until cheese is melted evenly and completely.
Tomato Pizza Sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
1 diced white onions
6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1 Tbsp basil
3 L Roma tomato, peeled
1 cup tomato paste
1 Tbsp sweet paprika
1 cup dry oregano
1. In a large skillet, add oil, onions and garlic and saute until soft and transparent.
2. Stir in tomatoes, salt, pepper, paprika and basil until smooth.
3. Simmer for approx. 1 hour.
4. Add the tomato paste and blend with a hand blender
5. If the tomato sauce looks thick, add 1 cup of water and stir to combine.
6. Cook for 30 mins.
7. Remove from heat and finish with oregano.