two 9″ pans chocolate brownies, baked and cooled
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
1 cup Mascarpone cheese, room temp
2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
32 large strawberries
1. Use a round 2″ diameter cookie cutter to punch out circles from pan of brownies.
2. In medium-sized bowl of mixer beat butter and Mascarpone cheese until creamy and light, approx 2 min.
3. Add vanilla and salt. Add sugar 1/2 cup at a time, continue to beat smooth.
4. Using a pastry bag to pipe a ring of buttercream on top of each brownie.
5. Cut base off strawberries. Place berries upside down on each brownie. Top strawberries with buttercream ‘pom-pom.’
Yield 32 pieces