3 cups butter, softened
3 cups white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
8 cups flour
1 cup icing sugar
1 Tbsp white corn syrup
2 Tbsp rice milk or water
Food colouring, as desired
1. In a large bowl using a hand mixer on high, beat butter and sugar together.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until combined.
3. Add flour and beat until well mixed.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hr.
5. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
6. Flour the counter and roll the dough to 1 cm thickness.
7. Cut holiday shapes using cookie cutters and place on a non-stick baking sheet or parchment paper
8. Bake approximately 10-12 mins.
9. Cool 1 – 2 hrs before decorating.
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine icing sugar, corn syrup and water.
2. Add drops of food colouring to create desired shade.
3. Using a paint brush, apply a layer of icing to cookies and allow to dry 1 hr before additional decorating. Thicken with additional icing sugar and put into a piping bag for detailed decorating.
4. Let stand 24 hrs to set icing if packaging.
Yield 3 dozen medium shaped cookies