Courtesy of Chef Darek Wozny – Santa Ana Pizzeria
3 Tbsp plus 2/3 c. lukewarm water
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp yeast
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp 3% milk
4 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup pulled pork
1/2 cup hickory bbq sauce
3/4 cup galbani mozzarella
1/3 cup crumbled bacon
2-3 slices red onion
1/4 cup chopped pineapple
1/4 cup sliced jalapeno pepper
small pork shoulder
3-4 sprigs fresh
4 Tbsp ground fennel
12 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp pepper
2 Tbsp dry oregano
1. In a small bowl, combine 3 Tbsp lukewarm water with sugar and yeast to bloom for 5 minutes
2. Add the risen yeast to a bowl of 2/3 cups lukewarm water, adding olive oil and milk and whisk.
3. Add flour and mix together for about 5 minutes until dough forms
4. Form into 2 dough balls and refrigerate for 4-18 hours.
1. Combine seasonings and rub all over the pork shoulder.
2. Add enough water to cover pork halfway.
3. Roast the pork at 350°F for 8 hours.
4. Cool, then twist pork with a fork to pull into pieces for topping pizza.
5. Cool until ready to make pizza.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Roll dough into round pizza crust.
3. Add desired amount of pulled pork and remaining toppings evenly.
4. Bake for 12-18 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
Yield 1 pizza