Chef Pasquale Greco,
A hint of lemon and mushroom juices add zing and depth to the velvety sauce.
This special entrée is typically served in Italy on Christmas Day or New Year’s Eve.
6 oz veal scaloppini
1 Tbsp butter
1 clove garlic
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
8 medium button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup beef stock
1 Tbsp flour
3 tsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp Marsala wine
1. In a small bowl, dilute flour with 1/4 cup beef stock.
2. In a skillet on medium-low heat, melt butter.
3. Add veal and fry each side for approximately 1 min.
4. Remove veal from pan and set aside.
5. Add garlic and onion. Sauté until golden.
6. Add mushrooms. Sauté until soft and juices are running.
7. Add wine, salt, lemon juice, flour mixture and remaining beef stock. Cook until sauce reduces to a creamy mixture.
8. Add veal and cook on low heat for 1-2 mins.
Yield 1 servings