Cordova Tapas & Wine – Karli Smith
A few unexpected ingredients reimagine this classic dip.
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 tsp pink peppercorn
pinch of salt and cracked pepper
1/2 cup dried cranberry
2 sprigs rosemary, whole and chopped
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
1/3 cup Smak Dab cranberry dijon
1/3 cup tahini
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp red pepper chili flakes
8 cloves roasted garlic
1 can of chickpeas
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1. In a pot, add brown sugar, 1 Tbsp Grand Marnier, orange juice, 1/2 tsp five spice, pink peppercorn, salt and pepper. Whisk to blend.
2. Add dried cranberry and rosemary sprig, then bring to a boil.
3. Simmer and reduce until 1/2 cup of liquid remains and strain cranberries.
4. In a bowl, blend vinegar, dijon, tahini, chopped rosemary, 1 tsp Grand Marnier, remaining spices and roasted garlic with 1/2 cup of previously reduced liquid.
5. Rinse and drain chickpeas, keeping 1/4 cup of aquafaba, then blend with wet mixture.
6. Stir in seeds and rehydrated cranberries. Serve with naan.
Yield 4 servings