Chef Brent Barna,
Sweet sundried tomatoes and nutty pumpkin seeds pop against the mild flavour of chicken breast served on the bone. Pick up herbed sausage at your favourite butcher shop.
4 Mediterranean flavoured chicken sausages such as basil and tomato
4 large chicken breasts on the bone, skin on
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup sundried tomatoes in oil
1/2 cup oil from sundried tomatoes
6-8 fresh basil leaves, sliced thinly
1 clove garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Remove sausage meat from casings.
3. Using a small thin-bladed knife, cut a pocket in the centre of each chicken breast.
4. Stuff sausage meat into chicken using hands or a piping bag.
5. Bake in oven for 30 mins.
1. Using a dry frying pan, roast pumpkin seeds until they swell and emit a nutty aroma.
2. In a food processor, combine all ingredients except oil.
3. While running the food processor, slowly drizzle in oil.
Yield 4 servings