The VG Restaurant – Chef Daniel Davyduke
This bowl delivers an exciting blend of textures for a juicy morning boost.
3 cups oats
1 cup milk
1/2 cup apple juice
3 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup oats
1/4 cup ground almonds
1 Tbsp cornmeal
2 Tbsp sliced almonds
2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp Manitoba liquid honey
pinch of salt
3/4 cup hot water
2 tsp canola oil
8 cups whole milk
pinch of salt
2 3/4 Tbsp white vinegar
1/3 cup Manitoba liquid honey
Bircher Muesli (prepare day in advance)
1. In a bowl, mix together first four ingredients. Top with cinnamon.
2. Place in an air-tight container and refrigerate overnight.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine first five ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients until brown sugar and honey dissolve.
3. Fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until well coated.
4. Place mixture on a sheet tray. Bake at 250°F in 30-min increments until completely dry.
5. Remove from oven and let cool. Break apart.
1. In a large pot, stir salt into milk. Heat until liquid starts to boil.
2. Stir in vinegar. Simmer for 20 mins.
3. Line a mesh strainer with a cheese cloth. Using a slotted spoon, transfer curds into strainer. Let excess liquid drain away.
4. Once drained, place cheese in a mixing bowl and fold in honey.
5. Refrigerate in an airtight container until needed.
1. In a bowl, place one row each of muesli, granola and ricotta.
2. Garnish with berries as desired.
Yield 6 servings